The RE-AMP Network
Think Systemically, Act Collaboratively
The mission of the RE-AMP Network is to set collective strategy and enable collaboration on climate solutions in the Midwest. Our North Star Goal is to equitably eliminate greenhouse gas emissions in the Midwest by 2050.
While some member organizations focus on policy advocacy, others work in frontline communities or focus on building the political will necessary for climate action. Over 130 groups including The Minneapolis Foundation, Great Plains Institute, Joyce Foundation, Ohio Citizen Action, Little Village Environmental Justice Organization, Climate Generation, Michigan Energy Options, McKnight Foundation, Sierra Club, Center for Rural Affairs, and many others bring a diversity of perspectives that not only position the Network to build a broader and more effective climate movement in the Midwest, but also amplify Network members’ collective power and ability to achieve results. By thinking systemically and acting collaboratively as peers, funders and advocates within the RE-AMP Network have been working diligently over the last decade toward our shared goal.
Midwest Energy News
Midwest Energy News Archives | Energy News Network
- Minnesota leapfrogs Illinois for clean energy crown May 31, 2023Also: Ohio State University students, faculty respond to state law watering down climate education Minnesota leapfrogs Illinois for clean energy crown is an article from Energy News Network, a nonprofit news service covering the clean energy transition. If you would like to support us please make a donation.
- Grid bottlenecks threaten clean energy targets May 30, 2023Also: Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker vows to veto a bill giving Ameren first rights to build new transmission Grid bottlenecks threaten clean energy targets is an article from Energy News Network, a nonprofit news service covering the clean energy transition. If you would like to support us please make a donation.
- Former FirstEnergy execs fear indictments are coming May 26, 2023UTILITIES: As judges deny sentencing delays for two key figures in the Ohio’s power plant bailout scandal, former FirstEnergy executives fear they will be indicted next. (Ohio Capital Journal) ELECTRIC VEHICLES:• More than half of the 77 community areas in Chicago lack public electric vehicle charging stations, highlighting the challenges of building a robust charging […]
- Minnesota overhauls community solar law May 25, 2023Also: More than half of contaminated water from Minnesota nuclear plant spill has been recovered Minnesota overhauls community solar law is an article from Energy News Network, a nonprofit news service covering the clean energy transition. If you would like to support us please make a donation.
- South Dakota pumped hydro project scrapped May 24, 2023STORAGE: The backers of a proposed hydroelectric pumped storage project in South Dakota abandon their plans, citing financial risks and uncertainty about the long-duration storage market. (Mitchell Republic) EFFICIENCY: Minnesota lawmakers pass a bill to accelerate the adoption of commercial building codes and achieve at least an 80% reduction in annual net energy use for […]